Temperature Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by chattahoochee, Mar 5, 2015.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

When I upgraded to Yosemite the "Temperature Monitor" quit. How do I go about getting it back ? I tried the internet it stated i had to download a bunch of junk to get it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you’re not already doing so, use iStat Pro (free widget) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your temps, fan speeds, etc., rather than relying on touch or sound. A forum member has posted a copy of iStat Pro that has been "tweaked" to enhance compatibility with recent OS X versions. You can download it here.

3. app1 macrumors newbie

4. mikepj macrumors regular

XRG is another system monitor you should consider that includes temperature and fan speed graphs. It's free and open source:

http://www.gauchosoft.com/xrg/

Disclaimer: I'm the developer.

5. smallpotato macrumors newbie

smallpotato

6. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I use Macs Fan Control to control fan speed and iStat Menus and Hardware Monitor to monitor Temps.

What's sort of funny, is that Macs Fan Control shows the temps of my four SSDs (mounted on Velocity x2 Duos) and iState Menus and Hardware Monitor don't.

Lou

7. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

When I upgraded to OS X 10.9.5, same thing happened to me too. I then switched to iStat Pro until I found this link recently. I just needed to download the 4.98 version and everything was back to normal. Since I did not test it in Yosemite, your mileage may vary though.

8. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

cute little app. but it doesn't measure or show the temperature! it shows the CPU load which is not quite the same thing ;)

9. VAGDesign macrumors 6502

VAGDesign

10. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Seconded. For those using bootcamp it's my default app for all macintosh setups with OS X and Windows versions and works a treat. Though I did find earlier versions late last year got flashed 4,1's CPU temperatures wrong but that bug has been well and truly squashed now.

11. hackertom macrumors member