Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Hi,

Is there a program that can read the temperature sensor from my macbook pro (I have the 2.0GHZ model)? There are programs that read the sensor from the hard drive, but what about everything else? My powerbook G4 has lots of sensors.

MacRumorsReader

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
vgoklani said:
Hi,

Is there a program that can read the temperature sensor from my macbook pro (I have the 2.0GHZ model)? There are programs that read the sensor from the hard drive, but what about everything else? My powerbook G4 has lots of sensors.
No.

and that just sucks.

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
well, mine is too hot to touch (my keys are hot!).. I read someplace that the 2.1GHZ model does have a temperature sensor, but regardless, I hope someone can find a way to read the sensors.

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
CellarDoor said:
wow really. did not know that. Thats another straw on my back pushing me towards the 2.1ghz model..
:eek:
They all have sensors but they're different from the G4 ones. You'll just need to wait until someone figures out how to read them. So there's no need to go for the 2.16 just for that.

Soisauce001

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca
vgoklani said:
well, mine is too hot to touch (my keys are hot!).. I read someplace that the 2.1GHZ model does have a temperature sensor, but regardless, I hope someone can find a way to read the sensors.

I know that this has been covered in other forum and I don't know if you tried.. But you might want to try reseting your PMU.. My MacBook was hot to the touch but after I reset the PMU everything was all good.. It still gets hot.. but not to the point where I can't touch it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.