Temperature screen question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sasessiontc, Jul 21, 2010.

1. sasessiontc macrumors member

Hey guys,

Today at work I had my phone in my pocket. I heard my phone ring once and then stop. I figured it was a call that was accidentally dialed, or something along those lines. So, after a few minutes I pulled out my phone to see who called me, when my screen had the "Temperature screen". Why would this have occurred? I'll probably go to my local Apple store within a few days to get my phone checked out, but I'm thinking it's probably not a big issue. I've read other threads about people having that error screen while leaving their phone out in direct sunlight or inside their car. Though, what makes the situation odd to me is my phone was in my pocket, with no heat sources near me besides my body, and the temperature was in a dark 72 F. I even felt the phone in my hand and it was not warm whatsoever. Any ideas? Software fault? Had to restart my phone in order to get it to work again. Thanks.

I do own the iPhone 4.

[​IMG]

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Clearly a software bug. My friend had the same screen pop up once. What gives it away as a bug is that the slide to swipe wording is in a whole different language.

Try upgrading to 4.0.1 if you haven't already.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Mine did it today too. It just means it got too warm. I can't guess as to why. If it keeps happening, I would have it checked out. As for now, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. sasessiontc thread starter macrumors member

I didn't pay enough attention, but I thought it went through the different languages; I could be wrong. I am updated to 4.0.1, it's just odd and my Apple store isn't too close by, so I figured I'd jump on here before I head to get my phone checked out and to see if anyone else is having this issue.

5. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Verizon?!:eek:

6. sasessiontc thread starter macrumors member

I had my 3G jailbroken and had the app that edited the Carrier / Logo to trick my Grandpa, and it has stayed in my backup file since. I could set up my phone as new, but I'm not too worried about it saying Verizon until I go to the Apple store. That would probably be a problem :p

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I got the same, just restore it without a backup and then restore your backup after the appointment

8. xtend macrumors regular

we have a winner :D

9. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Not that I care much for the wireless provider. Just curious! :eek:

10. Chromus macrumors regular

I had this same problem about a week ago. My iPhone was sitting on the couch next to me, not in the sun or anything. My friend calls me, I answer and talk to him for maybe two minutes max. A few minutes later I check just to see the time and it says the iPhone is too hot. I too had to restart the phone to be able to use it. Strange, but it doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

11. maxinfowey macrumors newbie

Fix for Temperature error will probably be here soon

My iphone 4 did this today too. It was on my desk, rang once then displayed the temperature message. It was cold to the touch so certainly not an overheating issue, but after a bit of research I came across the following:

"In response to the reports of iphone 4 temperature issues, Apple have stated that it could be the way we are now holding our phones to alleviate the reception issue" They go on to say, "try not holding the phone at all. Instead, carry your phone in a cool bag with a nice big ice pack. If you do this and use a bluetooth headset, you can make and receive calls without having to potentially heat up the phone by touching it"

Sounds like a plan to me!