Temperature warning iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ronald.forster, Dec 30, 2014.

1. ronald.forster macrumors newbie

I came back from skiing with my iPhone in the backpack. Temperature of the iPhone approx -10 deg C.
    Pressing the power Button displays following message:
    -----------------
    Your iPhone has to cold down before use. The text appears under a red thermometer.
    ------------------

If the temperature would be very high, would the message be: your iPhone has to warm up ??

2. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

14F/-10C is pretty cold. I don't know why you would get an overheating warning message when its freezing cold outside.

I CAN say that weather that cold can make phones do very weird things. Battery drain much quicker, act strange, or just shut off completely.

3. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Most electronics don't like subzero temperatures. Usually they just don't work rather than say they won't work :D

4. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

It just means Apple screwed up and didn't use different screens for high and low limits. Probably didn't think many people would trip the lower limit.

Your phone was outside the operating temperature range. Low temps can shorten the life of the battery.
    Operating: 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F)
    Storage: -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F)

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Yep, they most probably just used the same warning for too high and too low temperatures.
    Report the bug using their feedback page.