Temperature Warning!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HCP, Nov 21, 2010.

1. HCP macrumors newbie

I come on here and check out stuff all the time but have never posted. I was hoping somebody could help me with the first problem I've had with my new iPhone 4. I got a yellow warning sign with an exclamation mark saying my phone was overheating and needed to let it cool down. The thing is, it was cold, not hot. Turned my phone off and it went away. Wondering if any of you have had this happen to you. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Anapplecsr macrumors newbie

I haven't had to deal with this issue as of yet, but I have heard of it. One ez thing you could try would be to reset all settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>reset all settings.

If this happens more often then you will want to do a restore as a new device. If you do that mack sure to sync all your data to the pc and your contacts to windows contacts or whatever u have. For more info on restoring check out http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

If restore as new does nothing than it is a hardware issue. Take it to an apple store and get it looked at or submit it for repair.