Temperature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Nov 13, 2010.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So my phone was sitting on my desk, it's been there all night and day without being charged. When I finally get up to walk away from my test I get this on my screen so I took a SS and am now posting it wondering why how and what the heck? The phone was ice cold as well. Any ideas

Oh yes it also states No Service, when that temp thing isn't up I normally have 4 bars in my office. I've also noticed if I ever turn off my phone then back on no matter how long I wait it takes roughly 10 minutes to give me just 1 bar. I got off a plane and the guy next to me had an iPhone 4 as well as I have and his gave him bars instantly while mine waited and when I did get bars I got 2 to his 4. Is mine defective? I have also been having issues with texting and any other sort of app using with the touch sensitivity.

Attached Files:

2. Battlestar macrumors 6502

I would take it back to apple as it seems to be defective.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I've had similar issues to where my iPhone 4 has done that (twice). My iPhone 4 was in my pocket of all places, I was getting a call and the "Temperature Message" popped up. So I couldn't answer the phone call. I did a hard reboot and everything worked fine after that. I had full signal right away.

The second time my iPhone was just sitting on my desk like yours. I had no lights on or computers on and got the random error. It seemed to happen whenever I was getting a phone call.

I was going to take my iPhone to Apple and get it replaced after it did a 3rd time but hasn't happened yet.

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I did a hard reboot 2 days after this issue on my phone but it still runs sluggish and the touch is still way off. My only issue with not wanting to go back to Apple for a replacement is that I bought the screen protector and if I take this back I can't switch it to the other phone.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you have a Zagg Shield on your iPhone you can order a replacement from them. All you pay is the shipping cost.