Temperatures of 13" MBP (Mid-2009)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Neo-Tech, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

Hello all,

I'd like to do a survey of temperatures of 13" MacBook Pro's released in Mid 2009. When posting your temperatures, please use the layout below to make it easier to read.

Idle:
    Load:
    Programs running on load (list first 5 programs, starting with most CPU usage):
    Software used to check temperatures:
    Age of Mac:

Remember, when posting temperatures, that you indicate whether they are recorded in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
    I'm collecting results as I'm worried my MBP is too high on Idle, and also curious to see other people's temperatures.

Neo-Tech

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Your mac is probably fine. My moms in idle is around 90F-120F, and under full load with 2 terminal windows open with yes > /dev/null typed in it reaches a max of 195F. The thermal limit for the CPU is around 105C and thats over 212F, so unless you get near that (like 170-180F or 80-90C don't worry.
    I use iStat Pro and SMC fan control BTW.

4. Neo-Tech thread starter macrumors regular

Because I'm also interested to see other people's temps and see what they do to reach those temps. :p

Wow. I wouldn't consider mine fine after converting yours to celsius. My Mac idles around 55c with a few Chromium Tabs, Tweetie, Adium, Things and Mail which is around 131F. It can be lower if I don't use it for about 20 minutes and I haven't been doing anything intensive earlier. On load with the above Terminal command it goes up to 100c, sometimes even 105c before the fans actually kick in (-_-) which is about 212F. I used iStat Menus.

What can I do then? :p