Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there any tempered glass made for the back of the iPhone 6 plus? Just curious as I am looking for something to protect my back of my iphone and I don't want a case.

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Is there any tempered glass made for the back of the iPhone 6 plus? Just curious as I am looking for something to protect my back of my iphone and I don't want a case.

Was just looking at these on eBay last night. Not at the Plus one's specifically, but they are also available. You get them in different colors as well. Pretty cheap on eBay. I ended up buying a glass screen for an iPad Air, shipped it was $7. Got a case for $8....shipped. We've had one of these cases on an iPad 2 for about a year and it has held up very well, considering the price.

The only thing that concerned me with the glass back was the camera ring scuffing stuff (but I think the plus is immune from that) and then also the sides & corners still rubbing on stuff.

Valinor

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2013

Yes I put one on my cousins iphone 6 plus today. Also have one on the back of my iphone 6. Got them from banggood.
But it doesnt go all the way up to the edges because of the curved sides of the iphone. also it actually doesnt adhere that well to the back of the phone because of the antenna bands that run on the back.
You get these visible spots on the back where its not adhered to your phone.
The only reason to put one on is if you really want glass on the back.
It doesnt look good and it wont protect against drops.
I have my iphone 6 in a thin nude case so the glass is not visible that much, just using it against scratches and because i had allready ordered one. Wont recommend them.

Last edited:

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, don't use glass or a hard plastic on the back. It's not a smooth surface because of the bands so it doesn't adhere well. You're much better off with something like Best Skins Ever or a similar product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.