Tempered glass on SS screen?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gontarek, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Gontarek macrumors newbie

I know that generally with the sapphire glass model does not need additional protection on the screen, but many people write that the crystal glass in the watch from Apple is poor quality. Do you think I should protect the screen with glass or another ?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I would say that depends on how hard you are on the Apple Watch or the environment you work in. However, I have no scratches at all on the display on my stainless watch and I never found the need for a screen protector, as I also don't like the way they look on the Apple Watch at all.

3. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

My Series 3 Nike will be here Monday... and the first thing I'm doing is going to the mall to get the Zagg glass protection put on it.

If it is as invisible on the watch as it is on my 8 Plus and 12.9 iPad Pro I will be very happy.

I work in a metal fab shop so scratching the watch is a real possibility.

Will update this post with pics when installed.

4. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I will wear my SS AW3 for every task I do, and that is why I wanted the sapphire. I won't add anything else on it, and it should be fine in the long run. Only you can make the decision if you want to add additional protection.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

OP Tempered glass has high internal pressure and is designed to explode into small fragments if stressed. It would NEVER be used on a consumer device like a phone or watch.

6. enrincon89 macrumors member

Why would you put a screen protector on the sapphire ? I have the SB SS Apple Watch for nine months now and not a single scratch. You’ll be fine without one.