Tempered Glass Screen Covers w/ Touch ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheFlamingCow, Sep 23, 2013.

1. TheFlamingCow macrumors newbie

I've been researching cases and screen protectors for my impending iPhone 5s. The SGP Tempered Glass screen protectors have great reviews, and I'm interested in buying one to protect my screen but still give me that glassy feel. However, I wonder how the Touch ID will work through the cut-out in the glass? It seems like they encourage you to use one of their button stickies but obviously that won't work for the Touch ID sensor, so has anyone used any of the types of TG screen protectors with their 5s and how does it feel to have the hole in the glass where you scan your finger?

If you have, please let us know which brand/model or the mm thickness at least.

Thanks for your responses!

2. hidefguy macrumors 6502

3. TheFlamingCow thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear. It doesn't seem weird to have the home/Touch ID button recessed in the screen?

4. hidefguy macrumors 6502

It doesn't to me, I think the recess actually helps in the placement of your fingers! Also I'm not sure if the glassttr .04mm is thinner than Bodyguardz Pure, but the first time I put that on my iPhone 5 it felt weird, so I ended up getting a button for it.

5. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Using GLAS.tR Slim and it works wonderfully :)
    Thought it wasn't working at first. Didn't know I had to toggle the lockscreen feature through settings first.

6. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

So I just installed a glass screen protector but it's not 100% lined up with touchID. (like 0.5mm off if you look really closely) It seems that it's slightly touching the ring around the home button. Will that affect anything?

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Try it out and let us know ;)

8. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

Has spigen or any user done a video of the install ?

9. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

It seems to have no effect so far. I'm just not sure if it will keep nonstop turning on touchID as it senses something touching it.

10. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Thank you