Tempered glass Screen Protector and issues with proximity sensor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Abs_p, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I installed a tempered glass screen protector as soon as i got my iPhone 5c.
    http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Temp...=1383030382&sr=8-2&keywords=i-blason+tempered

I have had issues with proximity sensor. I feel the autobrightness is also not that sensitive. I am not sure if its due to the screen protector or an issue with the phone itself.
    I googled and found 50/50 answers to the question.
    Anyone has issues with proximity sensor not working along with tempered glass protectors?

2. revenent macrumors regular

I have both the Spigen GLas TR Slim and the T Nano Slim on two of my 5Ss' and both do not give me any problems whatsoever. Perhaps you could try removing your current glass screen protector and use or test if the symptoms you are encountering still occurs. My guess is it probably will not once you remove yours else it would have already been noticeable before you put in on in the first place.

Cheers.

3. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do both of em have cutouts for proximity sensor?

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've had 2 different glass protectors on. Clarivue XT glass, and Spigen Glast Slim and neither have given me proximity issues.

5. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess it's my phone. I lifted the glass and tried it. It ain't sticking nicely now on one corner. This sucks. I m out of USA till November 21 . I should have realised it earlier.