iPad Pro Tempered Glass?

jaydee24601

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Hi, any thoughts to using a tempered glass shield on the iPad Pro display – – if so, what then becomes of Apple pencil? Please advise! Thanks and best exclamation

rambo47

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
With the iPhone 6s Plus as well as with the iPad Air 2, the tempered glass screen protector doesn't effect performance one bit. I have to believe it's the same for the iPad Pro.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
I think it makes sense. I'd hate to drag a grain of grit across the screen with the pencil. I don't believe it will affect performance.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
I have a tempered screen protector on my IPP. I also have a pencil, I always get tempered glass because I hate the feel of these screens (all of them, even my 6+). It works perfectly with my pencil. Love it.

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I have a tempered screen protector on my IPP. I also have a pencil, I always get tempered glass because I hate the feel of these screens (all of them, even my 6+). It works perfectly with my pencil. Love it.
Mind sharing a link to which tempered protector? Is it thin enough that the Pencil still "tracks" on with the screen nicely... no parallax? Thanks for updating -- I've been holding out until I get a Pencil, but I've always had some kind of screen protector on my iPads and iPhone.

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
Mind sharing a link to which tempered protector? Is it thin enough that the Pencil still "tracks" on with the screen nicely... no parallax? Thanks for updating -- I've been holding out until I get a Pencil, but I've always had some kind of screen protector on my iPads and iPhone.
I talked to Zagg minutes ago and the sales person said using the glass will not have an ill effect with the pen.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-in...lear/4604702.p?id=1219776509678&skuId=4604702

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
I'm not sure what brand it is, it was in a brown box, and applied by the kiosk that I got it from. You have to be good to apply this, there is a TON of realestate on this screen.

There is no noticable negative difference with the pencil, only that it drags smoother. Because of this, I think it is better to have, and I'm sure the tip will last longer because of how smooth the tempered glass is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.