iPad Pro Tempered Glass?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaydee24601, Nov 13, 2015.

1. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

Hi, any thoughts to using a tempered glass shield on the iPad Pro display – – if so, what then becomes of Apple pencil? Please advise! Thanks and best exclamation

2. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

With the iPhone 6s Plus as well as with the iPad Air 2, the tempered glass screen protector doesn't effect performance one bit. I have to believe it's the same for the iPad Pro.

3. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

I think it makes sense. I'd hate to drag a grain of grit across the screen with the pencil. I don't believe it will affect performance.

4. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I have a tempered screen protector on my IPP. I also have a pencil, I always get tempered glass because I hate the feel of these screens (all of them, even my 6+). It works perfectly with my pencil. Love it.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Mind sharing a link to which tempered protector? Is it thin enough that the Pencil still "tracks" on with the screen nicely... no parallax? Thanks for updating -- I've been holding out until I get a Pencil, but I've always had some kind of screen protector on my iPads and iPhone.

6. arftech99 macrumors regular

arftech99

I talked to Zagg minutes ago and the sales person said using the glass will not have an ill effect with the pen.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-in...lear/4604702.p?id=1219776509678&skuId=4604702

7. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what brand it is, it was in a brown box, and applied by the kiosk that I got it from. You have to be good to apply this, there is a TON of realestate on this screen.

There is no noticable negative difference with the pencil, only that it drags smoother. Because of this, I think it is better to have, and I'm sure the tip will last longer because of how smooth the tempered glass is.