Template always overwritten

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markgodley, Jul 28, 2009.

1. markgodley macrumors regular

Hey,

What i want to do is paste a image into a locked/template file. I need an static image at the top and want to paste new images into the bottom half. I do about 160 of theses a day so need to do it as fast as possible.

My first idea was to make a jpg which the static image at the top and white blank area at the bottom (where the other image will be pasted into) i then locked the file so no changes could be made.

I then tried to open this locked file in photoshop and graphic converter and paste the new image into the bottom half. But when i save this image (have to use save as cos it is a locked file) it makes the locked file disappear and leaves the new image up.

Is there a way to keep this locked file in photoshop or graphic converter so it doesnt disappear and i having to manually open the locked file every time?

hope that makes sense!

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

It's impossible to provide an answer without knowing what program are you using.

3. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

I did lol

"photoshop or graphic converter"

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

5. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

Yes.

basically its set up so an image can be pasted into the bottom. But when i saved it via "Save as" it closes the template and leaves the "Saved" image in photoshop or graphic converter. I then have to re-open the file every time..when your doing 160+ a day its annoying.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Ahh.. yeah, that's how Photoshop functions normally. Don't know of a way to change that behavior.

However, save the file that you want to use as the Template, go to the Finder, file that file, do a Get Info on it, check the "Stationary Pad" checkbox, and then whenever you open that file (via double-click), it'll automatically create a copy of the file and open that copy in whatever app it's tied to.

7. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

ahh thats pretty useful.

Is there a way to change it so it doesnt say "copy" in the file name what i use to upload the files doesnt allow spaces in file names