Template Publishing Issue - Frustrating!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by intext, Feb 22, 2010.

1. intext macrumors newbie

Hello and thanks for taking the time to peek at my *help* thread!

I am fiddling around with a website for my professional writing business and each time I try to publish, I am having some graphics issues.

SCREENSHOT

Above is a screenshot of how the page is SUPPOSED to look.

Now, you can see at the link below, that the *shadow boxes* behind the "WELCOME & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES" are distorted with gaps or spaces of the main background showing through.

In Text Consulting

I have tried to re-publish, have even started from scratch, wiping out the entire page, etc.

Anyone encounter this glitch.

It is with the basic iweb template "darkroom" that comes with the recent version of iWeb, however I have added (what I call) the shadow boxes from another template.

Thanks anyhow! - Catherine

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Looks like you're using a font that some systems don't have. That's the bad part about using fancier fonts. This issue does come up for a number of people and the typical solution is just to use a more common font; Times, Verdana, Arial, etc. If you do an internet search for "iweb system fonts" you'll find others with the same issue. Here's a write-up that is likely beneficial.

3. intext thread starter macrumors newbie

I *think* my font is merely arial condensed so it should be OK.

I am wondering if it is a layering issue. It is the pale grey transluscent boxes that aren't showing properly.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

On the red text in the box (welcome to the world of creative professional writing) your font is set to, 'Futura-CondensedExtraBold','Futura','Trebuchet MS',sans-serif. This is also the font used on the sidebar. And for the body text, the font is, 'Futura-Medium','Futura','Trebuchet MS',sans-serif.

The sans-serif defaults to Arial in most browsers if those other fonts are not found.