Templates gone in Apple Mail.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dylanbrown, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Apple Mail took a fit the other day, and stopped responding. I waited for about 5 minutes then decided to Cmd+Option+Esc to end the app.

I then re-launched Mail and was greeted with something like "Welcome to Mail (Version____) Click OK to see what's new".

I had to set-up all my accounts again, and I have found that the stationary is now gone.

Does anyone know where you can restore the stationary from (Mac OSX Install Disk 2?)

Thanks

2. dylanbrown thread starter macrumors 6502

Templates gone in Apple Mail.

Oops - sorry I double posted!

3. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Have you tried opening a compose new mail window, right-clicking on the tool bar, then dragging "show stationery" to the toolbar?

There's also holiday stationery here

4. dylanbrown thread starter macrumors 6502

When I click the "Show Stationary" the stationary menu drops down, but there's nothing there.

5. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Should be in;

root/Library/ApplicationSupport/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resorces

If there are no files in that folder you may have lost the templates. sure someone here could mail them to you.

let me know how you get on

6. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I don't have my DVD at the moment but by memory you can show package contents to get to the /Library folder. If so stationery should be here: "/Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery"

(same path where it goes on OS X partition & same path where you might have a Time Machine backup if its missing from your OS X partition)

7. dylanbrown thread starter macrumors 6502

OK I'll check that out, one quick question. By reinstalling the "Bundled Applications" (Mac OSX Install Disk 2) would that delete my settings and user accounts? As I think that would get the templates back.

Cheers

8. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Your user settings, rules, accounts, etc. are safely stored separately in your user space (~/Library/Mail/ where "~" = your home folder. /Library/... in the path I provided in my last post above is at the root level "/" of your OS X partition)