Temporary Flash Workaround - iTransmogrify (?)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Superman07, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

I just ran across the following and it appears to have a iterim solution for the iPhone's lack of native Flash support.

http://joemaller.com/2008/01/12/itransmogrify/

I have to run, so I haven't tried it out, but I hope it will work for what I'm looking at - streaming content from certain websites.

I'll have to give it a spin, but I don't think I always see a "blue dot" at these sites, so that may be a problem.

Any thoughts?

2. Vegantnt macrumors newbie

I found out about this a few days ago but have only had the chance to be home and sync today.

I dragged the link to my bookmarks and started looking for flash videos...

I've yet to have it work.

Has anyone had success? Maybe I messed something up with the javascript

3. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

It works for me but only for youtube video's which is pretty pointless lol

4. Superman07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think that's entirely fair. It's not as if YouTube has encoded the entire database for iPhone compatability.

I can't tell from the site, but does he have to do something manually and update the script for it to work at select websites?

Also, I was reading somewhere else that while some places use a Flash front end, that they have other streams on the backend, so this wouldn't solve that issue when you really get down to it.