Temporary suspend AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wediafom, May 16, 2014.

1. Wediafom macrumors member

Hi guys, I need your advice. I will be going to Eritrea, Africa on Tuesday for two month. I just called AT&T to temporally suspend my phone and the rep said I have to pay my monthly payment regardless of me not using the service. Earlier today, I stopped by AT&T store and they told me I can pay $10/month till I get back to the US. I am confused, were any of you in the same situation as mine? If they insist on making me pay the full monthly bill, is it a good idea to take my phone without suspending the phone first?

2. missygal Guest

missygal

My friend was going to England and she was able to suspend her data plan till she got back. So only had to pay $9.99 month.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Why not go back to the same store and let them set it up on your account?

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You can suspend your service online. Just login to your account and go to "I Want To..." then "Manage My Plan & Services" then choose "Suspend Service" - you will be given 3 options: Lost, Stolen, Customer Request. The last choice is usually done for traveling abroad, so you would pick that and the rest is simple. It used to be $9.99/mo but I'm not sure if that's changed, the price given to you via this method will most likely be the most accurate. Also, they may charge to reinstate your line.

5. Wediafom thread starter macrumors member

Thank you:)

----------

She said I have to talk to customer service by phone and that's the reason I got a different answer from a rep on the phone.

----------

Thank you so much. I will try that right now...

6. Wediafom thread starter macrumors member

Edit:
    I just called AT&T and I am qualified for the reduced plan of $10/month. The first rep that I talked to yesterday was clueles obviously. If it wasn't for your advice, I would have paid more. Thank you guys!