Temporary tatoo's, experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sannekita, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

Hey,
    I've been thinking about getting one of those tatoo's that slowly dissapear after a couple of years. Does anyone have experience with these?
    Do they really fade away or do you keep a yukkie spot?

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

depends on the ink formula used and place where it was done plus your skin color.
    the ink may fade but you may have a scar from where the needle went through.

My neighbour had a few temps done they lasted 2-5 years and now she has just shiny scars where the tattoos used to be. she now gets tattoos with out ink just to get the subtle tattoo pattern effect.

One of my classmates had permanent (temporary) make up done and when it was fading she looked like a molting pea hen...

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What's the point really, either get one for real or not.

5. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I have had my temporary for over 10 years. I figure it is temp because if I didn't want it I could always get it removed by laser. LOL:D

6. Sannekita thread starter macrumors regular

Sannekita

Gee guys, don't get mean about it!
    My boyfriend hates the idea about me getting a tattoo... i'd like one and he'd be ok with me getting a temporary one if it really does fade away...

7. RacerX macrumors 65832

Well, considering that boyfriends (and girlfriends) tend to fade away faster then these tattoos, I wouldn't think that it would matter what he thinks. Unless both of you are planning on him being around permanently, I don't see where his feelings on the subject makes any difference if the tattoo is permanent or not. Odds are that even a temporary tattoo will be around long after him.

:rolleyes:

Tell him he can have a say if and when you've accepted a marriage proposal from him... you know, when he's actually a little more permanent himself. :D

8. Sannekita thread starter macrumors regular

Sannekita

I have gotten a mariage proposal! I told him that he should ask me again later because we don't live together yet (we live in different countries and have to finish studying first). And i told him i would marry him. I know I will, we've been together for quite some years... In other words, I respect him and I think it does matter what he thinks. I just thought asking if anybody had experience wouldn't hurt.
    Oh well thanks for the responses...

9. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Why not get a Henna tattoo (last a few days) to show your BF how sexy they can be? Something cute in a nice spot. That should win him over. ;)

Then you may be able to get a permanent one if he likes it.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Congrats.:cool:

11. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

The only problem with that is she'll need to make sure the BF sees it the first or second day after getting it. In my experience with henna tattoos, they tend to look like some sort of skin disease when they start to fade away (esp. if you have really light skin like me).

If you do go that route, make sure you use good quality henna, and find out how likely it is for it to really darken on the spot of skin you plan on using. For example, henna tattoos darken really well on my palms, but not so much on the outer side of my hands. From what I've been told it's just due to a difference in the make-up of the skin. The darker the tattoo the cooler it looks.

12. Sannekita thread starter macrumors regular

Sannekita

13. vidiodrome macrumors newbie

Seems like a more sensible idea to try out a temporary tattoo , preferably in a place that can be covered .

Too spite what many may think ' tattoos are seen as disgusting abuse of the flesh.
    To each his/her own I guess.