Temporomental issues with USB Ports MBP 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbytallant, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Hi guys

I have a problem with my 2011 15" MBP. The USB ports appear to be faulty - they disconnect the devices that use them quite regularly now. I need to play around with the cable in order for the MBP to recognize the devices and then not move the laptop or devices when connected in order for them to stay connected - if I move the laptop or devices they disconnect. My iPhone when connected to my MBP sometimes comes up with the notification on my iPhone 'this accessory is not supported'.

I obviously believe there is an issue with the USB ports. Has anyone had any experience with this before? I've had iMacs and a couple of Macbook Airs in the past and have not really had any similar problems. The problem is getting progressively worse.

I got the MBP in March pretty much as soon as they were refreshed. I upgraded the RAM myself when I got it - I really do not think the problem relates to that though... everything else is working great!

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Why are you wasting your time with asking? You've already figured out your USB ports are bad, and you've already said your machine is still under warranty. So take it in.