tempted to get a DS

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by puckhead193, Jul 28, 2007.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'm tempted to get a DS for the new super mario game. I'm not a gamer at all but for the new times i played with my friend's I loved it. Besides the mario game i don't see myself playing many other games. What other games should i check out if i decide to get one.
    So convince me NOT to get a DS. BTW i would want it in black :eek:

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

while new super mario bros. is a great game, i don't think one game alone is enough to justify the purchase of a new system. if you've got at least three games you want to play or are coming out that you're interested in, i say go for it. otherwise, borrow a friend's ds. i lent out my ds to a couple people for mario alone. it was enough for them.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

would u recommend any other games based on my liking of mario

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

I enjoy Tetris DS a lot...so I would recommend that.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you're a fan of the 2d platform game, i recommend yoshi's island for gba (the ds version was a little lackluster). it's nearly identical to the snes version of the game, and it's my second favorite platform out there (second to new mario).

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Do get one, they are tons of fun. Tetris DS, Kirby Squeak Squad(amazing 2D action), Mario Kart is always fun.

There are tons of great games, but those are the ones that come to mind when I think NSBM. Also you could look into the GBA remakes of the SNES/NES games! And Kirby on GBA

7. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I bought a DS just for Mario Kart DS (7 of my friends had them and we played at school, so it was a no-brainer for me.)

If you have other tastes besides Mario:I'd recommend Metroid Prime: Hunters for your FPS game.Tony Hawk's American Skland is goo dif you like that kind of stuff.Resident Evil:DS is a nice port to have.I'd also recommend Brothers In Arms as a very good game

Super Mario 64 DS and Sonic Rush are both great games. Sonic is old school, and you can jump from the bottom to top screen or vice-versa. SuperMario64 DS is a cool game to have.

Be on the lookout for these games: Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Mario Party DS, and Drawn to Life.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Kart. Pokemon Diamond. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. The Brain Age games. Tetris DS. Advance Wars.

You're probably the only person on the planet who doesn't have a DS.

Based on your liking of Mario, I'd HIGHLY recommend Mario Kart. Also, Kirby's Squeak Squad and Wario: Master of Disguise are 2D platformer games just like Mario.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

For someone new to gaming I'd say-

New Mario, Tetris, Brain Training, Clubhouse Games (it's a large collection of card, board etc games, with internet play). Possibly Kirby Canvas Curse, you control the whole game by drawing lines and guiding the player round. It's a lot of fun. :)

10. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

thanks for convincing me NOT to get one lol ;)
    i'll see, maybe i'll take a ride over to best buy or the like to see wut games strike me.