If everyone else gets to do these threads, I guess I will too. So the contents of the refurb store have been changing a *lot* recently! And a newcomer today, or at least very recently, seems to be the PB 12" 1.33GHz Combo Drive with a 60GB HD (rev. C, I guess), for $1099US. Soooooo tempting. When Tiger came out, I debated between upgrading from my iBook at the time and getting Tiger, and chose to get Tiger, but since then I've been thinking twice. I think my plan is to definitely upgrade before Mactels arrive, and then possibly again a year or two after they arrive, and things have been ironed out. I am trying to decide between the following... (coming from an iBook G4 /800 with 640MB and a 40GB HD) - Get a Rev C PB 12" now, upgrade to 1.25GB of RAM -- relatively low upgrade cost, based on the likely sellability of the iBook. I get more RAM and a fairly substantial processor boost out of it, as well as a little more HD space - Get a Rev D PB 12" after the next rev comes out, and its price as a refurb has reached the price point the Rev C is at now. I have mixed feelings about this -- I use BT heavily, so I could imagine wanting BT2 once devices start becoming available. OTOH, the rest of the upgrades are not a big deal to me, since in some ways I prefer SideTrack to Apple's system. (depending on availability, I'm also loosely considering either of those options with SD models instead of Combo models) - Buy a network HD, and maybe a RAM upgrade for my iBook (since several people here have reported success with upping the rev A iBook beyond the stated ceiling to 1.125 GB of RAM by putting in a 1GB SO-DIMM anyway) and bide my time. The big up of this is that I really need a network HD anyway. Even a superdrive will be too much of a nuisance for me to use it for backups much, and I have no real desire to burn DVDs for any non-backup purposes. - Wait for an iBook update, because I really like the white and would rather have an iBook for cosmetic reasons. The biggest problem with iBooks is that I have to always buy a BTO one, because of the way they are typically spec'd out. The refurbs at the Apple store rarely have BT, which is a must, and often have HDs that are too small. Money is less of an issue than principle.... I can't convince myself I need a new computer unless the net outlay is sufficiently small that it seems like a steal. Anyone have advice or want to commiserate???