Ten One Design - Pogo Sketch Stylus

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iNeko, May 21, 2010.

1. iNeko macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with one of these styluses, sadly mine had a broken clip (and a bit of damage on the shaft) when I unboxed it today. I emailed the info email address from Ten One's website earlier to see what could be done about it (if anything) and they're sending me a replacement without the need to return the broken one :eek:

I honestly didn't think customer service like that existed anymore, especially after the burn I had from Macally (received a wonky Bookstand case that didn't fit and no reply to emails...) :D

It's nice to see in this day and age :cool:

2. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

3. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Maybe i should contact them as well... The day after i got my pogo sketch, the top cap with the clip broke and the entire thing fell off. I used some apoxy and put it back together, but 2 days later the clip itself snapped off. Obviously the clip design is poor and very fragile. What was the email address you used to contact their customer service? i bought mine from the apple store, will they still be able to help me?

Thanks!

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I was lucky when I ordered 4 of them. They all came shipped in great condition and so far have been holding up good.

I like using it but sometimes the ol' finger still works better.

5. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

I bought mine from the Apple store too, apparently there was a bad batch with brittle clips on the styluses. The email address I used was info@tenonedesign.com :) I got a reply almost instantly. I hope they help!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've had my Pogo stylus for more than a year (I bought it to use with my iPod touch), I stick it in my pocket and carry it everywhere with me, and I've never had any problems with the clip. So I think it's true that they just had a bad batch, and the replacements should work just fine.

7. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I got mine directly from them and use it almost daily. Never had any issues.

Glad to hear they resolved it without a hassle.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I bought one today and less than 5 hours later, the clip had snapped off while I stuck it in my front shirt pocket. Seems VERY fragile to me.

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

^ I sent an email to the company and overnight got an offer to send me a replacement, free of charge. So while it is fragile, they do stand behind their product. Considering I only paid $15 for the thing, thats pretty spectacular!

10. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Being that $15 is about $12 more than it should cost, that's exact what they should do.

11. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Well no doubt that $15 for a plastic stick with a sponge glued to the tip is overpriced, but I bet this is a small company that has limited production runs, so cost isn't likely as cheap as we'd think. Its not like they are making millions of the things at a time.

And frankly, its one of the few available on the market...period.

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It's a touch screen and I think working with your finger is much better..

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

^ If you've never graduated from finger painting, maybe. For us big kids, writing with a utensil is the norm.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The touch screen is not optimized for those pens so you get much smoother lines from your finger input.. Plus you look stupid with it.

15. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I ordered the Pogo Sketch stylus last Saturday (May 23rd) and received via US Mail on Thursday, in perfect condition. The little plastic boc wasn't even dented and considering it was sent in a simple thin bubble envelope via the US Postal Service, I thought that was great. It takes the postal service longer than that t deliver a imple greeting card to/from my family or friends locally.

The stylus itself is great and I really like the feel of it. It works great in the drawing apps that I am testing out and the note taking Penultimate app. At this rate, I think I wil be taking notes in meetings using my iPad and the Pogo using Penultimate. Goodbye Paper and I guess this would be considered a "green" alternative which is always god as far as my company goes.