TenFourFox flash hack

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
So has anyone else had trouble with this? I downloaded Flash 11 for PPC, and put it into both my plugins folders. I opened up TenFourFox, and went to about:config, and searched for tenfourfox.plugins.enabled, but it isn't there! How can I fix this? :confused:
thanks

Attachments

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That version is too new to be able to use plugins. The last version that can is the old, outdated, and insecure version 17.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
If there is nothing backing the key in terms of code then it would not work. It would essentially be like saying I am going to install an electrical outlet but not wire it to the panel, it just wouldn't work. I recommend downloading MacTubes and installing MacTubes Enabler or using QuickTime Enabler.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If someone were to go in to about:config (in 24) and create the key and it's value manually, would it work, or would it be ignored?
It would not work. Plugins in PowerPC Mac OS X are written using Carbon. Mozilla completely removed Carbon plugin support with Firefox 18, leaving 17 the last version that can run Carbon plugins. It cannot be easily reintegrated into the Firefox code base and the creator of TenFourFox does not want to.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
If there is nothing backing the key in terms of code then it would not work. It would essentially be like saying I am going to install an electrical outlet but not wire it to the panel, it just wouldn't work. I recommend downloading MacTubes and installing MacTubes Enabler or using QuickTime Enabler.
Got it!

----------

It would not work. Plugins in PowerPC Mac OS X are written using Carbon. Mozilla completely removed Carbon plugin support with Firefox 18, leaving 17 the last version that can run Carbon plugins. It cannot be easily reintegrated into the Firefox code base and the creator of TenFourFox does not want to.
Thanks Intell!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.