Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewbecks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
I was planning on purchasing a new 11" MacBook Air during Tennessee's sales tax holiday this week end (August 5-7). However, I'm unfortunately having to drive to Florida for a funeral and won't be here to do so.

Last year, Apple allowed for sales tax holiday purchases to be made at Apple.com (see: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/tax/holiday). This URL still lists 2010 dates.

Does anything know if you can buy online from Apple.com and take advantage of the sales tax holiday this year?

Thanks!
Andrew

andrewbecks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007

Thanks! I saw that post in the forums, but I was really just wondering if Apple's online store would allow for tax-free shopping during my state's sales tax holiday. They have in the past, but this year they didn't post anything specific about it as they have in the past.

Did anyone in another state that's already had their sales tax holiday this year have any luck ordering from Apple online?

Cheers!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks! I saw that post in the forums, but I was really just wondering if Apple's online store would allow for tax-free shopping during my state's sales tax holiday. They have in the past, but this year they didn't post anything specific about it as they have in the past.

Did anyone in another state that's already had their sales tax holiday this year have any luck ordering from Apple online?

Cheers!
Whether something is taxed or not is determined by the state, not the vendor. If your state has a tax holiday, Apple must honor it.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You better call Apple. What is it doesn't ship on the sales tax holiday? That's the day they would bill you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.