Tennis Racquet Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Aug 5, 2010.

1. carbonmotion, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. ethical macrumors 68000

They're both pretty 'meh' to be honest. It won't really matter which you choose. But if I was in your position I'd go with the Head, simply because I use a Head racket and I like it.

3. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

at my level it probably wouldn't make a difference if i used a wall-mart brand racquet to tell you the truth. i'll look in to a yonnex when i get there.

4. ethical macrumors 68000

Looking again I'd definitely go with the Head. It's a pretty good racket actually.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Definitely the Head racquet. I play with Head, have done for a number of years and I find them to be very good. I like the wider racquet head than Wilson racquets (damn that's odd to spell), and they feel nicer too. But really it's all about how it feels to you, rather than how it feels to others. If you play better with one of the racquets, then go with that one.

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

:D (Sorry, couldn't resist the juvenile humor aspect of this thread)

Okay, seriously, though I haven't played tennis in a long time. I used to be a competitive racquetball player and used Head gear for a while before settling in on Ektelon as my brand of choice. I say go with whichever racquet feels better to you as you plan on buying something better down the line. Both Head and Wilson are respected brands but as far as the reputation in the overall racquet sport community I would say Head is generally thought of better.

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I would probably go with the Head Racquet. I have one that was $15 at walmart and it is fairly nice.