Tennis Shoe Relatives?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by liamkp, Aug 4, 2010.

1. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I play tennis in school and was wondering if there are any types of shoes that would also be suited for tennis. I know the main concern with running shoes and such is that from going from side to side it will wear out the sides of the shoe. I know cross-trainers would work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

for me my cross trainer of choice has been under Armor.

4. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I'd Check out Saucony, because the shoe is generally wider compared to new balance. I use them for cross country and track but they're great shoes

5. ethical macrumors 68000

I have a pair of Nike Air Court-ballistecs for tennis. I play on concrete, and am quite harsh on the shoes. I did use normal trainers but wore them out on the inside front from when my foot has gone across the concrete. The Nike's have been holding up really well.

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Is there a reason you're not going to get a pair of actual tennis shoes? Cross trainers would work. If you're playing on a hard court, a basketball shoe would work as well. Actual tennis shoes are going to be the best though because they will have the lateral support, an outsole that is designed specifically for the surface you're playing on, as well as reinforcement where you put the most stress on the shoe.

7. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

Ok. I will.
    Im not saying i dont want a actual pair of tennis shoes. I want to know if there is a type of shoe that has a similar build to tennis shoes, because they arent very popular and i cant find very many. I wont be playing very heavy with them, but these probably will be the shoes i wear normally, tennis and not.

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Gotcha. I understand now.

Nothing against yayitsezekiel, but I'd skip the Sauconys. They make great running shoes, but just about the last athletic shoe you'll want to be playing tennis in is a running shoe. Not enough lateral stability.

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

If you want specialized shoes for the sport of tennis then look at options from Prince, Head, Yonex, or Wilson. However, if you just want versatile tennis shoes that you will be playing some tennis in, then there is a variety of options from the major shoe companies like Nike, Reebok, K-Swiss, Asics, New Balance, and Adidas.

10. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thank you. I think ill be mainly looking out for cross trainers, as they seem most popular. Are there any locations that has a wide selection of cross trainers? I would like to buy in stores.