Term-vt100 FIX

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mattfick12, Mar 9, 2008.

1. mattfick12 macrumors member

hey everyone! I have just installed term-vt100 on my 1.1.4 iphone. I'm getting a log in password that it want to to put in. well it does work. I have researched this problem on the forum and i am unclear on how to fix the problem. I am new to all this hacking and fixing stuff so...make your directions clear.

how can i get term-vt100 working on my 1.1.4 iphone? and fix my backspace problem?

thanks guys! your a big help

2. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I just installed MobileTerminal (http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/), if you need root you have to ssh root@localhost, but aside that it's perfect :)

3. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

I have checked under the All Packages and I cant seem to find MobileTerminal. Theres a bunch of mobile stuff but not terminal. If i download it form the website, do i just drag the app into the app folder on my iphone?

4. wrboyce macrumors 6502

just scp it into /Applications

Code:
    scp -r Terminal.app root@iPhone.IP:/Applications/
    and restart your iPhone

Code:
    ssh root@iPhone.IP restart
    'restart' is one of the tools Erica has released, if you haven't got it installed then you'll have to reboot.

Edit: just read your post again, assuming you're using some sort of graphical sftp client or so, then 'yes' - then restart/reboot.

5. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

i installer mobile terminal on my phone. When i first opened it it had thisL

mv: /var/mobile/ .profile.tmp: No such files or directory
    mv: /var/mobile/ .profile.tmp: No such files or directory
    Error in host processor sets() : (os/kern) inv
    Error in host processor sets() : (os/kern) inv

is there something wrong? I also tried some simple commands but i dont think its working properly

6. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Or you could make life easy and add iphone.lenlolabs.com to your installer sources as found in the official FAQ on the Google Code page for MobileTerminal. :)

7. wrboyce macrumors 6502

Hmm, no idea!

Try the installer source I guess - I missed that one!

8. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

ok. i added that source. now what do i do? I cant find mobile terminal at all