Terminal Command Help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macuser154, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. macuser154 macrumors 6502

    Jan 17, 2009
    I can't remember a command in Terminal, I think it was in emacs, and you could talk to it and it would respond. Anyone know?
  2. thevibesman macrumors regular

    Oct 26, 2007
    Are you talking about the psychotherapist in emacs? If so, I'm assuming you mean type to it, not actually speak to the computer.

    Once you are in emacs, you can get it by going to the help menu, and I believe it is option P.

    So the sequence of commands would be

    M-` (to open the menu)
    h (to go to the help menu)
    P (to open the psychotherapist)

    Incase it isn't obvious, M- means hold the meta key.

Share This Page