Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrotsliah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
I would like a to turn off the caps lock via the command.

I understand that I can System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys > and change it there.

The problems is that every time I plug and unplug my gaming mouse into the USB port, the keyboard caps lock is reset, and I have to do the above steps again and again. (Somehow, my Mac is sensing the gaming mouse as another keyboard.

If I had some command line code, I could just make an alias and disable the caps lock in one step.

I thank you for any help.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Does it work if you disable caps lock (in Modifier Keys setting) WHILE the gaming mouse is connected?
That is, does your system remember that setting the next time you connect the mouse?

mrotsliah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Does it work if you disable caps lock (in Modifier Keys setting) WHILE the gaming mouse is connected?
That is, does your system remember that setting the next time you connect the mouse?

I can disable caps lock if I go through System Preferences, but every time I connect (or disconnect) the mouse, caps lock is reset. I have to go disable it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.