Terminal going crazy: Library error?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by starmelts, Apr 7, 2011.

1. starmelts macrumors newbie

OK, so I've desperately been trying to install Wine and get EAC to work over the past few days, and I'm officially giving up. That's fair enough, but I've managed to make a big mess in terminal, and I don't understand any of the error messages.

I might have done a lot of stupid things, but I think that the biggest mistake I made was typing the following:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

This pointed something in a library to a path (or files) that doesn't exist, if I'm not mistaken (as you understand, I'm a complete newbie). Is there a way to undo this, or should I just reinstall the entire OS? I'd hate to have something fundamentally wrong with my configurations.

I also typed in the following:

sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/libfree*

... But I have NO idea what that means. I followed fragmented instructions from all over the web, and don't know what did the most damage. It was trying to install Gecko and Freetype fonts that made me hit the wall.

Here's what comes up when I try to run winecfg now:

err:module:import_dll Loading library gdi32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\shlwapi.dll") failed (error c000007a).
    err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"gdi32.dll": dlopen(/usr/local/bin/../lib/wine/gdi32.dll.so, 258): Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
    Expected in: /opt/

I can't even uninstall Wine, so something must be seriously wrong here. :(

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Try to fix you hard drive errors.

1.Boot into Single-User Mode.

2. when you get a Single-User prompt type the command fsck -fy.

3. Keep running the command until it reports back the everything is good. it may take some couple of times. Then to boot back into OS X proper just type the command:
    Code:
    reboot
    This will help repair any hard drive minor errors.

3. starmelts thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! :)

It says that the HD appears to be OK, so I still think the problem is the dynamic link command(s) I did. I have no idea how to undo this, though.

sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/libfree
    export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

Do you know how to "undo" these commands?