Terminal Help Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cheesytoe10, Dec 11, 2007.

1. cheesytoe10 macrumors newbie

I am trying to get Warcraft III custom kick working in terminal then in X11... but i tried doing what you have to do for Autorefresh
    the file for autorefresh is WarcraftIIIAutoRefresh.exe

This is the Code for Autorefresh:
    Code:
    cp (file that i dragged in)  .autoref.exe
    but i cant figure out what to replace .autoref.exe with for Custom kick.
    The file for Custom kick is W3XCustomkick.exe
    because ive tried .customk.exe, and many others... how do i find out what im supposed to type for certain programs please help.

Thanks Cheesytoe! =)

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

.exe files are Windows executables, they aren't going to work on a Mac.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

First off what are you asking?

Are you asking how to copy files or how to rename files or or how to modify some game you want to play? The shell command you showed us could have been done just as easy using Finder. You don't need the terminal to copy or rename a file.

Also, are these .exe files Windows executables? If sohow are you going to run them on a mac? I can think or four ways you might be trying.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

He could be using Wine. I hear it works. WarcraftIII is on Wine's "gold list"
    See here for more info: http://www.winehq.org/

5. cheesytoe10 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SeoxyS macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm the author of this tutorial... the line that says cp ... .autoref.exe is just a making a copy of the file in your home directory as invisible file... what really matters is then setting "mono .autoref.exe" in X11. just duplicate these steps, and replace .autoref.exe by whatever you copier the file to, and you should be good to go...

This only works if the original .exe application has been written in .NET though, so I can't say for sure whether it will work.

Kenneth