Terminal help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xcapepr, Mar 3, 2008.

1. xcapepr macrumors newbie

xcapepr

Hello, I have a problem. At work, I work with Cisco equipment. I used terminal programs in windows such as Teraterm, putty, etc to administer them. Since not all the devices have the web server running, I still need to be able to get using the console via Serial connection.

I use a serial to USB adapter for my MacBook Pro (the same one I used on the Windows laptop), I found the App for it and its installed and recognized. But I don't know what COM it is using.

I searched on how to use the Terminal in OS X to connect to the Cisco equipment via Terminal but didn't find anything. I tried reading the man on terminal but I still cant figure it out.

I have already found CyberDuck as a replacement for WinSCP.

I found Telconi for the Cisco terminal but it costs money

EDIT, ok found zTerm, last was updated in 2002... and its still in beta.... any others?
    Ok found a lot more info over at MacOSXHits HERE.

2. craigatcraignet macrumors newbie

craigatcraignet

Dude;

I have the same problem you do.

If I find any answers I will post back here.

3. ldorazio macrumors newbie

Terminal help

In the mid-80s I worked at Hilgraeve (HyperTerminal / HyperAccess / etc.).

I recently e-mailed people I used to know there from 20 years ago and suggested they port HyperTerminal to Mac, and they seemed interested although I'm not sure if they're doing it? They are in Michigan, I'm in California now so it's just the occasional e-mail...

Maybe call or e-mail them yourself and add another "vote" for it (I need it too):
    http://hilgraeve.com

--Laurence