Terminal opens after Leopard startup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dorlando, Oct 27, 2007.

1. dorlando macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I just registered with the forum here hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on with my MacBook Pro after I installed Leopard. After the machine has started up the Terminal app will open a window with the following text in it:

Last login: Sat Oct 27 21:02:27 on console
    MacBook-Pro:~ Drew$ /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SyncServicesUI.framework/Versions/A/SyncServicesUI ; exit;
    -bash: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SyncServicesUI.framework/Versions/A/SyncServicesUI: cannot execute binary file
    logout

[Process completed]

Also, there is a TextEdit window open with the header "HP Communications" but nothing is in it.

Neither of these things happened prior to the install while running 10.4 Does anyone have any suggestions that could help. I can close them after startup but it is a minor quirk I want to correct.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. icmaxwell macrumors newbie

Same problem: HP communications text edit window on startup

I use a Macbook Pro 2xdual core. My just installed Leopard is also opening a text edit window called 'HP communications' on start up. Additionally, I noticed that the HP scan application no longer works; it starts up but provides no graphic interface from which to scan documents, and no option to open one. Thus Leopard has converted my all-in-one HP 3030 into a simple printer.

I reinstalled the HP drivers and software, but no change on either problem. I have also repaired permissions, which was a necessary fix for the HP software after installing with OS X 10.4, but to no additional effect.

I am not receiving the terminal message that the first submitter describes.

Any ideas?

3. silvano macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have a macbook pro dual core and installed Leopard and am having exactly the same problems with "HP Communications" text window at startup.
    Have tried a number of options to no avail.
    Hope to hear a solution on this also.
    cheers

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Did you guys to an Upgrade or an Archive and Install? Have you tried reinstalling HP's software?

5. silvano macrumors newbie

Solution for HP communications text at start up

Hi Eraserhead
    I did an upgrade to lepoard. not a clean install.

I just took your advice with a reinstall of hp software. I removed all printer drivers and software and this stopped hp communications text file from opening at start up.

My primary printer is a hp5610 all-in-one so i reinstalled the driver for this first. I also discovered new software for lepoard on the hp website which i did not have, which is now installed (176mb).

Download at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...22-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=441125&os=219

Thanks.

6. LDS0014 macrumors newbie

Has anybody got the HP all-in-one to scan after upgrading to Leopard?

I have a Laserjet 1220. The mac to which it is connected (dual 1.8 GHz G5, powerpc not intel) would not print at all after the upgrade - any attempt to print from any app caused the app to crash. I also had the issue that this thread starts with, a window (a TextEdit window) called "HP Communications"). I thought it was a driver problem which led me uninstall, reinstall the HP software, but eventually I realized that the same thing happened when I tried to create pdfs from the print dialog.

Apple support suggested a few things but eventually a re-install, which I did. Now printing is fine, including to the USB-connected laserjet.

Now I try to scan, no dice. I re-install HP software again; I get the TextEdit window "HP Communications"; I try to run the 'hp all-in-one setup assistant'. This thing says it won't run because the "HP Communications application" is not running.

Does this mean that what Leopard sees as a textedit doc is actually some kind of background app that the HP all-in-one system is trying to run at startup?

Anyway I am stuck. I have seen other stories that when you go to Leopard you lose all but printing functions on older all-in-ones (unfortunately I did not see that until after the upgrade).

Thanks for any thoughts,
    LDS