Terminal Problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwhite878, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jwhite878 macrumors regular

Hey guys I was thinking about installing something called Privoxy and I clicked on install and it opened up terminal and entered a command and then closed down. Should I be worried?

2. jtalerico macrumors 6502

What exactly did you download? I can only find this on DarwinPorts... I don't see a DMG of it.

If I was you, I would open terminal, and vi/cat that file (assuming it is not a binary).

3. EmmEff macrumors regular

Did you d/l it from privoxy.org? Did you understand what you were installing?

4. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

Here's the URL http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11923/privoxy
    If there's a way to fix it could you give me instructions on how to do so? I'm not really that experienced with Terminal. The only thing I've noticed is that videos take a bit longer to load in iTunes, but that's probably nothing.

5. EmmEff macrumors regular

I would recommend checking out the website and see if there are docs on how to remove it. I've installed and used it before on Linux, but never on OS X and never outside of a managed package.

6. jwhite878 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not seeing anything but judging from the reviews everyone has had terminal open up because that is how it is installed.