Terminal Problem....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gavsim, Aug 16, 2007.

1. gavsim macrumors newbie

Hi People,

Was wondering if anybody can help with this weird issue I have with Terminal, I use to have a terminal bash script on my desktop called server.command which was a quick shortcut to starting my local ruby on rails server, I removed it.... but now every time I launch Terminal it try to execute the script on startup can't find it obviously and exits with a [Process Completed] therefore I can't actually get to the command line... quite frustrating! Has anyone any ideas why it is trying to execute that script every time Terminal is launched and how to fix it? For now I have had to resort to using iTerm but would like my Terminal fixed!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Gavin

2. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

check your .profile, you might have it looking for that script when you open terminal

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Oy, yea, I've been there too. If the above doesn't work (checking .profile file) you can delete your Terminal preference file. I think that's what I ended up having to do one of the times it happened to me. You'll just have to re-setup any preferences you made, though that shouldn't be much. If you save a terminal session be careful about the settings in the lower half of the window, this is where that problem emerges from in most cases.

4. gavsim thread starter macrumors newbie

Trashing the preference file worked great. Thanks! :)

5. interslice macrumors member

interslice

deleting preferences file for terminal

where is it!?
    MY Terminal window also keeps on launching a program called photorec and i can't stop it from entering that program

6. interslice macrumors member

interslice

don't worry - preferences file found

Deleted this file and now my terminal window session is back to normal and does not keep on loading that annoying application or program any more ....

Libry - prefs - com.apple.terminal.pref.plist

delete this if any problems with terminal :p ???