GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
hey all

I'm trying to do something on terminal

but the terminal ask me for my password and i don't have

how can i skip it ?!

cheers
If you're asking that question, you probably shouldn't be messing around with Terminal.

iTitos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Cyprus
I'm just trying t make something install and i have t make something through the terminal

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Nov 28, 2010
located
But how can one has no password for one own's account? I don't understand this :confused: :confused: :confused:
Does that mean, the OP wants to install software on an account not belonging to him or her? That would be horrible, I mean, who does such things. IT IS ALL A HOUSE OF LIES, except Kristen is missing.

----------

vray for c4d r13
its pirate thats why
And? Why do you want to install it on an account/Mac you don't have the password for? Btw, we welcome all sorts of talks about pirating. SO if you give use your CC and address, we will be happy to provide you with more information.

iTitos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Cyprus
this is from installation.txt

Note: Make sure to check the permissions on those files including x-force, otherwise, you might run into issues.

To set permission for OSX, in terminal:

sudo chmod -R 777 /Applications/MAXON/CINEMA\ 4D\ R13/VrayBridge.key

password: ......

sudo chmod -R 777 /Applications/MAXON/CINEMA\ 4D\ R13/plugins/VrayBridge

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
vray for c4d r13
its pirate thats why
From our Forum Rules:
Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
You still should know your admin password.
There are quite many legal apps and actions that require you type in your password. Seriously though if you have this little clue about computers it is all the more reason to stay clear of illegal stuff, which is usually infested with malware. You just end up becoming part of a botnet or sending personal data to some remote site which they sell or use in another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.