Terminal

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by waynepixel, Jan 14, 2008.

1. waynepixel macrumors regular

Hi

My mac is doing strange things today, When I try to open the Terminal.app all I get is a very small window and I cannot adjust it size, I have check the permissions, and check the hard Drive, no problems found. I have also delete the Terminal.plist file, but I still cannot get the Terminal window to adjust?

I am running 10.4.11 at the moment

[​IMG]

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

What happens when you open another Terminal window, does it look like this one? did you try Restore Defaults in the Preferences under Settings?

I can't even get my Terminal window close to that small...

3. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

When I first open the Terminal all I get is what you see in the picture I posted, that it, and it will not let me adjust the Terminal window at all. And I get the same result every time I open a new Terminal window.

4. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Edit:
    Ooo, it looks like Mitthrawnuruodo hit the answer right on the nose!

From the menu bar go window > zoom.

5. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

Good find, and yes I have been playing with Font Book, I have no idea how or why this font has disappeared from my computer, I have only installed fonts, and have not deleted any from the system.

Do you have any information on how I might get this system font back onto my computer

Thanks for the help.

6. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

It turn out that I did have the Monaco font installed, but the Font Book.app did not have the Monaco font turn on.

I really do think Apple should work on this app, because at the moment it is a pile of crap.