terminating your ATT contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thechidz, Jul 17, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

so, lets say you get fed up with att service and you want to cancel your iPhone 3G plan after a month. Lets say its a family plan and you have two iphones. So, I know you will have to pay the ETF, which is 175, but you dont pay that for both lines do you? also, I think you get charged an extra 200 dollars for the phone subsidy if you break your contract correct? is there anything else??

one more thing... what if you get the family plan, keep the phones for a month, and then want to cancel the second phones contract? will you pay an etf? will you have to pay the subsidy for just the one phone or both? thanks

2. redsoxunixgeek macrumors regular

redsoxunixgeek

IIRC - The cancellation fee is per line and not per account

3. x0lliex macrumors member

Ok we all know what this is. I want to get two iPhones and sell them on ebay and then cancel my contract... You can do it, it will be $175 per line and a big hit on your credit rating.

4. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Incorrect. After 30 days has past and you pay your bill, ETF will not effect your credit.

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

hit on your credit rating? why?

and so no subsidy, just the 175 per line ETF?

If you only cancel one phone, do you still pay ETF?

btw, not selling on ebay, considering unlocking and going with tmobile. I dont care about 3G just want a cheaper rate plan, but this is only something I'm considering right now because of the crap att is pulling with corporate accounts

6. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Gullible customers. Just like the same customers told by CSR "if you have bad credit and pay the $500 deposit, you will start to build your credit again by having this cell phone account" Uhh...NOPE.