Terminator 2 in HD on Standard DVD?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TheSpaz, May 16, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I bought the Extreme Edition Terminator 2 DVD at Wal-Mart for like 5 bucks and it came with a digital HD version of the movie on the standard DVD. Is there any way to rip this to my Mac? As of right now, I can't even figure out how to watch the file on my Mac... it's a PC app that runs it.

Edit: It's actually called Extreme Edition.

Can anyone help me get this HD file on my Mac?

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Yep you'll need a Windows box to get the movie off the DVD and view it. If you want to use it on a Mac, it will have to be decrypted. I also usually convert the file to an AppleTV friendly format after removing the DRM.

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I got that same DVD, I do have parallels (windows), what would it take to get it off though?

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

If you're in Windows, usually when you put the DVD in it automatically starts the digital copy installation. It involves putting in a code included in the DVD box and then it checks the code online. If all goes well it then copies the .wmv file to your HD.

6. Andman86 macrumors newbie

Hmm, I got it to playback on my windows partition, but where would it store the WMV file? What would be it's file name? I am in the same predicament, I want to rip the hd file from the dvd and tranfer it to my mac partition and play it there. I have flip for mac so that would work, if anything I would need to convert the video to a Mov.

Thanks ;)

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The movie file should be in your My Documents->My Movies folder. However, Flip4Mac won't play it as it is still DRM protected and Flip4Mac doesn't do DRM protected wmv files. You'll need to decrypt it before you can use it on the Mac side.
    Google Mirakagi

8. Andman86 macrumors newbie

Thanks dude! I will give it a shot ;)