Terra Browser by Readdle

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Readdlemate, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Readdlemate, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Hi once again,

The phenomenal increase of popularity of our Terra Browser was a nice surprise for us. Terra became #1 Free iPad app on the AppStore.

[​IMG]

Terra Browser is simple yet powerful browser for your iPad.

So what's so cool about Terra you will ask?
    The answer is:
    -Tabbed browsing
    -Full Screen
    -Incognito mode
    -Save pages to browse them offline
    -Amazingly clean UI
    -Text search
    -Swipe Gestures (navigate between tabs)
    -Password protection
    -Send links by e-mail
    -Bookmarks

The most recent update provided:

Safari-like Open In interface
    - Now you can open any document or file with associated application (doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, pdf, webarchive) by simply tapping on it.
    Import bookmarks
    - Import bookmarks from any desktop browser with iTunes.
    File sharing
    - Now all your downloaded files are available in Documents folder with iTunes

Terra is absolutely free. Right now, we roughly have 100,000 daily active users. Yet more to come, we hope. Go get it!

I will be glad to answer your questions, hear suggestions and feedback.

http://readdle.com

2. Maziar macrumors 6502

This app rocks!! It's much better than Safari in almost all terms, keep up the good work !! :)

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I like it very much. One feature that I wish it had is the ability to import bookmarks from Safari on the same iPad.

4. david77 macrumors regular

5. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

Press the button with an arrow.
    Dropdown menu will appear -- > Press Add Bookmark -->Save to Bookmark Bar. Here you go!

6. weenie macrumors member

Those are the 2 things that stopped me from using Terra Browser, otherwise I like the gesture feature and etc.

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

It is on. It has two bookmarks by default.

8. david77 macrumors regular

I already have 3 bookmarks saved in that folder. I was assuming that an area with those links would be available below the toolbar. Am I missing something?

9. david77 macrumors regular

10. Joe323 macrumors newbie

Any plans for an "Awesomebar" like URL bar? Seems like every other browser has it nowadays so I've gotten used to being able to being able to read the web page title in the address bar.

11. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

Added to wishlist. Will talk to our dev team asap. :)

12. Tedddman macrumors member

I can't imagine Terra being any better than iCab Mobile, which looks just like Safari but has a ton more features and customization options. It just got a great update too.

13. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

Same here.

I always like to have the bookmarks bar visible. I do like the tabs however.

14. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I like this browser, but one thing for me that other browsers (iCab and Atomic) have is that it doesnt cache tabs. If you have a few tabs open, they often refresh when you switch between them.

15. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

It is an OK browser. Not sure what all the hype is about. I would spend a dollar or two and buy one of the two leaders of the alt-browser movement, Atomic Web or iCab. Those two are still the best, regardess of what is said by others who lobby for the followers in the iOS alt browser market.

This is coming from a guy who currently has 10 browsers on his ipad...

16. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

Apple asked us to remove Terra Browser for iPad from the AppStore. We will try to bring back our product as soon as possible.

17. vonkas macrumors newbie

can you tell us why Apple made you remove it?

18. yamaduc macrumors member

yamaduc

19. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

20. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

It does. You need to turn incognito mode off first. Tap the gear icon and switch it off.

-------
    Because..

21. ale500 macrumors regular

I just found this thread and was going to download it when I saw that it has been pulled :(.

I have just one question... which is the state of WebGL support ? Safari and iCab do not support it yet (No idea of the plans).

Thanks !

22. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I'm curious as to why they pulled it, too. Kinda suspicious that two popular safari alternatives got pulled the same day.

23. invisosniper macrumors newbie

I reccomended it to a friend, and when they went looking they couldn't find it... I must have gotten in a day or so before they pulled it (thank goodness).

Edit: I re-read the whole thread... Hopefully You guys can get it back in there :) (Perhaps even working with LastPass to get integration with their service, their browser needs a lot of work... And just having integration in yours might be good for both companies :) )

24. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I am not very impressed with Terra. Atomic has a lot more features and tuning options. Adblocking is a key missing feature and opening new tabs from bookmarks and links going to other domains. Other features like removing the title bar for more browsing space, finger gestures to get quickly to the bottom or top of a page. I did a video of Atomic a while back that shows off some of the features:

http://youtu.be/b9mMy-lc8EY

25. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

While atomic might have more features I had issues with it crashing if I had too many tabs open. And by too many I mean at 5 iflt would usually close on me after a few minutes of usage. Terra seemed much more stable. Just wish I could change the direction of the swipe gestures in terra to to the other directions.