Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Seriously, I unplugged the phone today around 8AM, worked from 10-6, with some snapchat/web browsing during my breaks, and I'm already at this percentage. I've gone through several restores already (fresh ones, not a restore from backup). Why is my battery life so bad? I'm on iOS 7.1.2 if that helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 93

PetrosMac

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2014
Genoa,Italy
Seriously, I unplugged the phone today around 8AM, worked from 10-6, with some snapchat/web browsing during my breaks, and I'm already at this percentage. I've gone through several restores already (fresh ones, not a restore from backup). Why is my battery life so bad? I'm on iOS 7.1.2 if that helps.

From what I've noticed so far is that if I use LTE like you then the battery drains faster!And if we consider the lack of good coverage then it gets worse.The signal is one the most important things about battery life.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi

How old is your iPhone ?

Battery effectiveness depleats after so many charge cycles.

Check what's being regularly used in your location services.

I assume you've worked you way through the usual battery saving tips available through a Google Search.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
From what I've noticed so far is that if I use LTE like you then the battery drains faster!And if we consider the lack of good coverage then it gets worse.The signal is one the most important things about battery life.

True, but even when I have airplane mode on I still notice some pretty big loss in battery :/

Hi

How old is your iPhone ?

Battery effectiveness depleats after so many charge cycles.

Check what's being regularly used in your location services.

I assume you've worked you way through the usual battery saving tips available through a Google Search.

It's a little over a year old, so you're right about that. And yeah I have lol. I have most location services enabled and I have background app refresh enabled for 1 app: Carat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.