Terrible Application Review system

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 36183, Jul 11, 2008.

1. 36183 Guest

I am really frustrated with the review system of the application store on the iPhone, I spend a good 5 minutes writing out a review of a game then after submitting the app store says "sorry your nickname is taken try another one" at which point you will loose any text you submitted and have to go rewrite it all again in the hope that you next nick name is not taken.

its just awful I am going to complain to apple now, if anyone else has been bothered by this also complain using this link http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html it may help get it fixed faster

EDIT : there is also clear evidence that they are allowing people who have not pruchased application to review them, what is the point of that ? they can easily check if you have the application so why accept review form people who don't it just annoying to have people give something 5 stars because they reckon it looks good.

2. jackbenimble4 macrumors member

I experienced this too, and frankly I couldn't believe it.

I wrote out a lengthy review just to be plagued by the same problem. I gave up instead of trying to repost. I rely on the review system a lot to determine whether music, videos or apps are right for me. You might not care, but don't think for a second that no one else cares about this bug.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Give it time. I'd imagine it'll be like the Apple store - they'll archive the old posts. they have time to get a more mature system up. These apps will undergo revisions and price changes i'd imagine.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You are probably the first person I know who relies on the reviews for music and videos. They are absurdly subjective and don't give me any input on the actual quality because its full of haters and/or fanboys.

Now, app reviews could (and should) be different. Perhaps sending some feedback to Apple will get them to change some things.

5. touchyphone macrumors regular

You should not I said, 50%, 50% can care less abotu what someone thinks, others do. Well whatever, I am just saying, of all things to complain about, a nickname for a review??? Is the day not filled with things to worry more about? I suppose not to some....

6. bvolt3000 macrumors newbie

the real point is: there needs to be a simple website with screenshots and reviews ("official" and customer submitted) of all the apps
    itunes store reviews are a waste of time

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I experienced both problems - I wrote out a review, oops, name taken, you lose all! And when reading the other reviews, one was like "this game looks like it'll suck, I'm not buying it!"

8. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

You are probably the first person I know who relies on the reviews for music and videos. They are absurdly subjective and don't give me any input on the actual quality because its full of haters and/or fanboys.

...well you either like the music/video or you don't. exactly what an opinionated review is. subjective? you are going to come to a macrumors and ask others through the forums questions - you got haters and fanboys..."hey whats your thoughts on ___________" ...:rolleyes:

9. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

I still think the reviews for Apps should be allowed only for people who have actually bought them - so in other words based on your itunes account name rather than a nick name.

10. Silverlink macrumors member

Six years later and this is still a problem?

Wasted time writing review, submitted and was warned the nickname was already taken; review lost and returned to app listing

11. chain94 macrumors newbie

True. It still happens. I ever experienced it once. Apple does not seem want to fix this problem..

12. BobBobly macrumors newbie

It is now Dec 2016, more than twelve years since this problem was reported here, and it still happens. Entered a long review (on an iPad keyboard, no less), clicked "submit", got "Nickname is taken", and the review was erased. Unreal.

13. zscao macrumors newbie

I also experienced this. It is unbelievable that such a terrible system is from Apple. I will never want to rate any apps in App Store any more.