Terrible Battery - Fix via Restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ThunderApple, Dec 14, 2013.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Hey everyone. Currently own a iP5 since the day it was released. Battery has went from being great to just TERRIBLE. Terrible is not even the right word for the condition my battery has become. I'm talking about seeing roughly 3 hours of usage til it hits 20%. I don't play games on it anymore and really only use Instagram and Safari on LTE. Wifi and Bluetooth has always been off and I know the standard procedure in trying to get the most out of the battery. Fact is, my battery has hit the can over the last last.

I've heard that doing a restore may fix the problem but I heard that this will only work properly if you do a restore and set the phone as new.

I would like to do a clean restore if it means that I can still back up my info. I don't want to lose my contacts, app data and photos.

Can anyone tell me how to properly do this?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Make a back up to itunes / icloud.

Restore your phone and set up as new.

Turn icloud back on and draw down from your recent back up.

Thats how I do mine.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you mean by that exactly? So I plug my phone and in iTunes I do a restore.

Set it up as new, skip the icloud log in upon set up on my phone.

Then in the general settings I log into iCloud. How do I go about getting all my game data, photos and contact back from then on? Do I flip the switch to on next to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars, etc" under iCloud in the settings? Will that bring back game saves and other information?

4. heated lime macrumors newbie

You can buy brand new batterys on ebay or amazon for less than 10 bucks and its pretty easy to swap out.