Terrible Battery Life 15 inch

Fasailmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I have the base 15 inch macbook pro with lion and it is getting terrible battery. Right now i have 3 tabs open with no flash and can't seem to get more then 3.5 hours of battery. The battery has 100% health. Is anyone else having this problem, brightness is at half.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have a look at Activity Monitor (Applications / Utilities /) and select All Processes and sort by CPU to see what the culprit may be.
image below uses sorting by CPU as an example

Further reading:

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
I'm with you to an extent. I've lost 1.5-2 hours since installing Lion. I'm on integrated graphics all the time and have no rogue processes draining my CPU.

KidZgOtMac

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
I too share this problem and only have my MBP since last week. No rogue processes, only light browsing and battery is sucking dearly. 2.5 - 3.5 hours of battery is what I get depending on what I'm doing.

ABadSanta

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2011
I'm with you to an extent. I've lost 1.5-2 hours since installing Lion. I'm on integrated graphics all the time and have no rogue processes draining my CPU.
I'm frustrated with that as well. After Lion i lost about an hour. I wonder if it's worth calling Apple for.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Lion's been great with my MBP, I'm still getting 6-7 hours with my MBP
I'm on the 15" 2.2GHz i7 btw :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.