terrible battery life out of nowhere!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ell2Cool, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Ell2Cool macrumors member

hey guys,

ive been a happy 4S user from day one and have never had bad battery life like some people have been plagued with but out of nowhere for the last couple of days battery life has been shocking!!! it goes down about 15% an hour....on standby! :eek:

the only thing ive installed on it within the last couple of days jailbreak wise has been the critical cydia update and ive removed nearly everything else to see if an update that im forgetting about has led to it but nothing has so far solved it.

one thing i have noticed is that even when there are no apps in the switcher i only have about 150mb free RAM where i used to have about 270 so something is definitely running as the phone is constantly warm.

is there any cydia app or something to tell what exactly is being used for RAM and CPU usage etc??? apps ive tried have only told me how much is being used and if the ram is active, free etc but not what is using it.

any help guys???

thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Got Facebook or draw something installed with push notifications??

3. mark.roemers macrumors newbie

Battery life... out the window??? iPhone 4S

Since last week I got the exact same thing.
    My battery now lasts for less then 5 hours.
    The iPhone feels warm, so I think some app is constantly keeping the processor busy. If I leave TomTom running it also depletes the battery quick. But I checked and checked again, no TomTom running.
    For now I suspect the latest Facebook download as I installed that somewhere last week.

Any help would be appreciated, since now I do not have an alarm clock anymore.

Cheers Mark

4. Ell2Cool thread starter macrumors member

I did and still do have all three apps mentioned installed, however the problem has now seemed to have fixed itself. I don't know if it was an app update or not that was fully or partly the cure but does anyone think it may be possible that it fixed itself by me keeping my phone off overnight??? That was the first time in about 4 months I have turned my phone off overnight and the next morning it was back to normal? Maybe the battery just needed a bit of change from being in a constant charging or draining state????

5. mastsethi macrumors member

Well, you cant expect too much of battery from a smartphone. If you are online most of the time, your battery is more likely to drain quickly. Make sure you are not using too many apps that use data contiguously like widgets, weather or sports updates.

6. mastsethi macrumors member

Yes, they are continuously running in the background. They might be using data connection and certainly affect your battery life.