Terrible fullscreen flash video performance on MBP 17'' 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Burj, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Burj macrumors newbie

Hey there.
    My woes started not so long ago after I've updated flash player to the latest version (released not so long ago I believe).
    I'm on a 17 inches MacBook Pro from last year's refresh.
    The fullscreen flash video playback speed is just terrible, something close to watching a slow-mo action sequence. It doesn't matters if it's on youtube or any other website - results are the same.
    I have tried to reinstall flash several times, did not help at all. I have even found an older version of flash but unfortunately I couldn't watch the videos at all, it said the newest version is required.

Do you have any advice for me? For some reason I'm really starting to hate my :apple: laptop. :(

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Flash stinks and so does the player.

Try a different browser with F plugin installed... compare...

3. superericla macrumors 6502

What version of flash are you using currently?

4. Burj thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using Safari and definately cannot imagine using anything else. :)

The flash player's version is 10.3.181.14

5. WiBu macrumors member

Right click (2 fingers/ctrl+click) on a flash video and toggle the hardware acceleration setting.

6. Burj thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that many times before and while it solved fullscreen issues on older version of flash, it improves nothing on the latest one. :(

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Well for testing purposes just down load Firefox or Chrome to see if you get the same issues.

8. Burj thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded Chrome and results are the same. :mad:

9. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Some advice I saw on apple discussion board.

Check Safari / Preferences - Extensions. If you have any installed, turn that off, quit then relaunch Safari, try a video.

Make sure you are running the latest version of Safari. From the Safari menu bar click Safari / About Safari. If it's a version prior to 5.0.5, click your Apple menu / Software Update or download from here. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1070

Troubleshoot third party plugins. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3230?viewlocale=en_US

If it's not Extensions or third party plugins and Safari is up to date, login to another user account on your Mac. Try a video on Safari there.

10. Burj thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not understand this at all... sometimes flash websites and fullscreen video run normally, but most of the time it's like the framerate is slashed in two. I've got the latest Safari, extensions were disabled before and switching profiles doesn't help. :mad:
    I do not know who to blame - Me, :apple: or perhaps Adobe... I believe it's the last one :(