Terrible Lag and slow back up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Aug 13, 2008.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I updated my iPhone 3G to 2.0.1 and i was very happy with the issue of lag on opening text and backing up when connected to my mac. But recently i have had a problem; the lag and hour long back up is back and is worse than when it was on 2.0! Is anyone having this same problem?!

2.0 Ghz White Macbook
    White iPhone 3G (First buyer in State!)

2. crandel macrumors member

I have had a similar issue. I updated my original iPhone recently and the "backing up" portion of the synch process does take exceedingly long to complete. Maybe it has to do with all the app info being backed up.

I have also noticed that it can take quite a good amount of time for particular apps to be copied from my phone into itunes. I have since stopped synching my apps with itunes (I have only downloaded free ones thus far.) This at least took care of some of that time...

I have also noticed recently a lot of lag in texting, I mean the actual process of typing a text message. I can type whole sentences before the letters even begin to show up in the text field! Have you experienced this problem?

3. johata3 macrumors regular

All I want is to fix the lag when I text....Does anyone know how to fix this?

4. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i have experienced terrible lagging and its even worse when I'm typing on the internet

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

yes 2.0.x is broken

6. RustyM macrumors regular

RustyM

I found with 2.0.x that everything lags. When I first start punching numbers in the cell phone "keypad", typing in any app, and even just head back to the home screen. It's rather disappointing.

I'm using a 16GB 3G now, but the slow interface makes me miss my old iPhone.