Terrible problem ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Last night i was updating some apps from the app store and one of them caused my ipad to freeze. That was the first time i ever had a freeze in both an ipad1 and an ipad2. The only way i could unfreeze was to hold both the home button and the sleep button down together. When it rebooted ALL of my many folders unfolded and hundreds of apps and files were spread over many, many pages. Worse still, i cant find a number of apps. However, if i go into the search page - the page on the far left with the keyboard and type in the name of the app it comes up and can be loaded. BUT it remains invisible on all the pages. Many of them are in this invisible mode now. Can anyone suggest a fix. Once i can find the missing apps i can start the horrendous job of rebuilding my MANY folders. Any help most appreciated.

2. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

329 people read my problem and no one had an answer. great. but don't feel bad. i called apple and they thought they had an answer and it resulted in me losing all the new folders i had made. now in order to get this all straightened out i have to go into iTunes which will result in me upgrading to iOS5 which i didn't want to do. UGH!

3. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

For missing apps, I have found that sometimes uninstalling the app in the App Store on your iPad and then reinstalling it can fix the problem.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Restore from last backup from your computer or iCloud.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Connecting to iTunes wouldn't upgrade your OS. Just press "cancel" when it asks you if you want to upgrade.