Terrible scrolling in VX Revolution..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WillJS, May 26, 2007.

1. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I have the VX Revolution for notebook mouse... and the scroll wheel is horrible (atleast.. the settings are). I have my settings set (see atth) and they act the same as when they are both lowered. I scroll one notch and it moves maybe a centimeter on the screen. For example, it takes me about 6 half spins (finger from top to bottom) to scroll the MR homepage. I'd like maybe one notch to go 1/2" or something. Also, it seems to scroll up faster then down. Maybe I'm not getting the settings right.. any help?

(to scroll from top to bottom of this page to 10 top to bottom rotations)(yes, ive installed the drivers) I can scroll it hard and it will continue to spin for a bit so the faster i scroll the wheel the faster it scrolls.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You don't scroll like you do on a normal mouse you spin the mouse and then let go of the scroll wheel.

3. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Thats going to take some getting use to. :p

Is that true for both cases.. I have a "hyper fast mode" and a "ratcheting mode".

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That's only true for the frictionless mode, the ratchet mode is just like any other scroll wheel. I much prefer the frictionless scrolling after using it for a couple months, I dread using other scroll wheels.

5. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

OK. I'll use that.. I do kinda like it. :p

Also, I set the searc button to search highlighted text in google, but it still opens in spotlight. :confused:

Edit: Also, could you post your settings?

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I bought steermouse and an using that because Logitech Control Center had an issue that annoyed me. But here are my settings.

Attached Files:

7. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'm having the same problem, either on the smooth scrolling or the ratcheting mode. Anyone have any other good solutions?

8. powz macrumors regular

+1.

9. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

ugh, I had this mouse and had the same problem. Finally just got rid of it, I tried to get help from logitech (clueless) and on here (no helpful responses). I just gave up, sold it, happy with my wireless mighty mouse.