Terrible translation on Apple's website: Is it an issue to anybody else?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Akzel, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Akzel macrumors regular

Hi,

I've complained before about the way Apple handles the brazilian (and LA in general) market. I've complained how they ignore us and how Microsoft, for example, and other companies show us much more respect.

I believe the website of a company is their "face" to it's public, and brazilian Apple website is laughable, at best. They have terrible translations, they mix Spanish and English in their text, forget to translate the titles, etc, and have many places looking like they just came out of Babelfish or something.

This is one of the most absurds examples:
    http://www.blogdoiphone.com/2009/02...e-brasil-seria-engracada-se-nao-fosse-triste/

They call the iPhone... "iVone". In the title AND the text. Not mentioning the mixed terms in the text (and title...). And it's just one of the mistakes amongst many. I remember AppleInsider or one of those sites published some time ago a webpage on MobileMe launch that had default rubbish text and people made joke and Apple fixed it in a couple of days. They never fixed on Brazil.

Sorry for the long rant, I'd like to sum up the whole thing as: Does anyone else have TERRIBLE translations on Apple website and/or products? German, French, whatever?

2. Akzel thread starter macrumors regular

Apparently only USA/UK people come to this forum, eh. :eek:

3. SimonJ macrumors regular

Heh.. being from the Czech Republic I'd say you are lucky that you have an OFFICAL Apple website at all since we don't (it's handled by some reseller).